Job Opening for Director of Music at Newberg First United Methodist Church
Resumes being accepted through August 14, 2017 and can be sent to email@example.com
Newberg First United Methodist Church
Church Director of Music
Section 1: Position Information
- Title: Director of Music
- Effective Date:
- This position is exempt
Section 2: Qualifications:
- Demonstrates support for the mission and purpose of the church.
- Attested musical skills and competence.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and inviting openness to everyone.
- Has an effective, positive working relationship with the pastor, other music providers, liaison and other staff.
- Ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
- Is willing to grow professionally.
- Maintains appropriate schedules as designated for position.
- Uses church resources in an efficient and responsible manner
- Visionary – Look for ways to expand and enrich the music program and team worship leaders.
Section 3: Terms of Employment:
- The Director of Music is considered a part-time position.
- The Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) is responsible for overall supervision of church employees and shall administer performance reviews of the Director of Music.
- The SPRC will assign a committee member to act as a liaison with the Director.
- Salary recommendations originate with the SPRC and are then forwarded to the Finance Committee.
- A continuing education allowance may be available.
Section 4: General Music Qualifications:
- Understands the importance of music in worship.
- Knows a variety of types of choir music.
- Selects music appropriate for choir’s skills and congregation’ preferences.
- Has the ability to direct the choir.
Section 5: Specific Performance Qualifications/Responsibilities:
- Leads choir at services, September through mid-June.
- Directs the choir practice sessions.
- Works with the pastor in selecting music for services.
- Purchases music within the allotted budget.
- Supervises the organist/pianist.
- Assists bell choir when needed/requested.
- Arranges for special music (solos, groups instrumentals, etc.) when there is no choir.
- Participates in special events as needed/requested.
- Participates in the life and ministry of the church.
- Participates in the Praise Band.
- Song leader for Sunday morning service.